What is the Search Box?
The search box helps prompt your visitors to look for their perfect accommodation. It is therefore one of the most useful products to add to your website and can be customized to fit in with your website's look and feel.
To create a Search Box, please log in to the Partner Center and:
- Choose 'Products'.
- Then choose 'Search Box'.
- Select a name and a size.
- Customise it through the advanced options, colour options and filters.
- Copy and paste the code into your website.
Where can I put the Search Box?
Visitors tend to begin the booking process on pages where you promote a destination, activity or property. We suggest you to implement the Search box in these type of pages.
It’s best to place your Search Box either within the navigation menu or somewhere above the ‘fold’ (the part of the page customers do not need to scroll down to see), as these are the places visitors are most likely to click on.
What is the right size for the Search Box?
You have two alternatives:
- You can choose the ‘Responsive’ option, from the ‘Choose a size’ menu, that will adapt the search box to any screen size, automatically.
- Otherwise, you could choose one of the sizes available. These have been designed to the optimal width-height ratio.
The perfect size should make the Search Box easily visible without interfering with the user experience. This involves leaving enough space around the product in order not to be confused with the information around, and to keep the viewer focused on the main content.
Is the Search Box mobile responsive?
Unfortunately, the Affiliate products are not yet responsive for mobile usage. If your website/app mainly attracts mobile users, please find tips on how to best use our products here.
Can I create an accommodation-specific Search Box?
The Search Box cannot be accommodation specific. The Review Widget can be connected to one specific accommodation. Please find more information on the Review Widget here.
Can I choose different colours for the Search Box?
Colours are very important. Generally speaking, you should focus on colours that make the Search Box stand out from the rest of the page. There are two techniques you can use to style the Search Box successfully, depending on your goals:
- If you want to complement, use colours that already exist on your site, but don’t exactly match the background where the Search Box is placed.
- If you want to contrast, choose colours that stand out against the background of your site. Contrasting is always the most eye-catching.
Can I change the heading of the Search Box?
Yes you can. A good heading and sub-heading can attract bookers to your Search Box.
If your website is focused on a specific accommodation type, such as apartments or B&Bs, customise the headline to reflect this: “Search for the perfect B&B from 1,368,000 accommodations”.
We recommend using: “1,368,000 + hotels, apartments, villas and more…” as your sub-heading. It shows relevant information for the user and also demonstrates that your site can help any type of traveler.