Our affiliate programme is here to help you monetise your website as effectively as possible. One great way to do this is by using widgets – standalone applications that connect to other websites.
Why use widgets?
Widgets allow you to easily add extra content or functionality to your website by pulling in information from other sites, creating a better experience for your users. Since they lead visitors directly to these sites from yours, widgets can also generate income for you.
At Booking.com, we’ve designed a selection of widgets that you can use to monetise your site, including search boxes and banners. Each one is tailored to different users and purposes – whether that’s inspiring people to travel or showing the best deals in a specific destination.
Why use a Booking.com widget?
Our widgets are quick and simple to create, customise and implement. As well as making it easy to monetise your website, here are some of the benefits Booking.com widgets bring:
- Our widgets represent Booking.com, a trusted global brand, and are designed to be easily recognisable without distracting your users. Tests have shown that using the Booking.com brand can help to drive more bookings.
- You can tailor Booking.com widgets as much or as little as necessary to fit your website. The choice is yours – seamlessly match your website’s look and feel, or keep our colours to help your readers better recognise Booking.com.
- At Booking.com, we learn from constant A/B testing. We’re always finding new ways to optimise our widgets to make them even more effective, so you’ll always have the most up-to-date product possible.
- The data we gather from widgets give us a better understanding of your customers and how they behave on your website. This information helps us to keep improving our products to fit your needs.
- You can monitor the performance of your Booking.com widgets in the ‘Product Performance’ section of our Partner Centre, helping you make decisions on how to increase conversions.
In our next post, we’ll tell you more about the different Booking.com widgets and how to select the best one for you, based on the type of website you have and the needs of your visitors.
You can also read full details about each of the Booking.com widgets in our Knowledge Centre.